This package couldn’t have been given a better name. It bears what it does and that is addressing every issue related to partitioning on your windows operating system. Developed by the AOMEI Technology Co. based in China, the utility software was initially released on the 13th of August 2011. It is available in eleven languages of the word and supports only the Windows OS.
This partitioning software works perfectly with your hard disk regardless of its size or format. By applying sector-level data protection technology, it can get through to the root of any partitioning problem on your hard drive. It is available in two versions which are the free and professional versions respectively.
What AOMEI Partition Assistant 7.5.1 Offers?
- Re-sizes the partitions on your hard disk without loss in data.
- Extends NTSF partition without having to restart your computer.
- Moves a free space from one partition to another on your hard disk.
- Merges, creates, deletes, formats and splits partitions.
- Supports migration of full system into a solid state drive
- Converts a dynamic disk into a basic one all without loss of data
- Fast and secured partition experiences
- Can migrate the operating system of your computer into a hard drive
- Converts between MBR and GPT disk types
- Interconverts between NTFS and FAT32 file systems without loss to data
- Can copy all the contents from one partition to the other without loss in data
Key Features of the Software
- Change Partition Type ID – for renaming your partitions
- Quick Partition – for carrying out all partition processes
- Hide or Unhide Partition – controls visibility of partitions
- Partition Alignment – has to do with arrangement and outlook of partitions
- Rebuild MBR
- Change Serial Number
- Creates bootable DVD, CD or USB Disk to use without having to reinstall
- Change Drive Letter
- Command Line Partitioning
- Wipe Disk or Partition – for deleting all files on partitions
- Partition Recovery – for recovering mistakenly deleted or formatted files on a partition and even the recovery of a whole partition accidentally deleted
- Initialize Disk Option
- Check Partition
- Make as Active Partition for making a partition active
- Its interface is user-friendly and simple in outlook
- Comprehensive features for addressing virtually all partitioning problems
- It can run even before Windows comes up
- Can queue up the various changes you have applied and effect all at once
- Its tasks are completed in time and step-wise.
- Moderate price with a 90-day money back guarantee backup should you be dissatisfied
- Efficient live support package for any technical issue
- Unlimited usage once the initial subscription is made
- Extensive storage media support
- Available only on Windows Operating System
- Takes a lot of time when partitioning a large hard disk
- Can’t backup data naturally.
System Requirements for Installation
Windows servers: Windows 2000 server, Windows 2000 Professional (SP4), Windows SBS 2003, 2008, 2011, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows PCs: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (all editions both 32 and 64 Bits), Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional (SP4)
Hard Disk Drive (HDD), Solid-state Drives (SSD), Solid-state Hard Drives (SSHD), USB Flash Drives, IDE, ISCSI, SATA, SCSI Disk, IEEE 394 (FireWire), Hardware RAID, MBR Disk, GPT Disk, UEFI/EFI boot.
Supported file system include exFAT/ReFS, NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, FAT12, BitLocker.
RAM: Not less than 512MB
Hard Disk Memory: At least 100MB should be free
Processor: x86 not less than 500 MHz
Alternatives to AOMEI Partition Assistant
Here are some of the competing software with Aomei. They also claim to do what Aomei does. Some of them include
- MiniTool Partition Wizard
- EseUS Partition Master
- Parted Magic
- Paragon Partition Manager
- Acronis Disk Director
- KDE Partition Manager
- Stellar Partition Manager
There are lots of reasons partitioning your hard disk may be necessary especially when one looks at the hurdles of managing large files. However, in setting up partitions and managing issues arising from such, it is important that trusted tools such as AOMEI partition Assistant 6.5 be used. It is certified by Microsoft and other companies. Although the manufacturers would still have to work on its outlook while working (many complain the system goes blank), all in all, the advantages of using this partitioning tool far surpasses its downsides. More so, it has unlimited usage once you subscribe.